We ask that parents adhere to the following code of ethics:
MYBA Parents Code of Ethics
1. I will encourage good sportsmanship by demonstrating positive support for all players, coaches, and officials at every game, practice, or other youth sports event.
2. I will place the emotional and physical well-being of my child ahead of a personal desire to win.
3. I will insist that my child play in a safe and healthy environment.
4. I will support coaches and officials working with my child, in order to encourage a positive and enjoyable experience for all.
5. I will demand a sports environment for my child that is free of drugs, tobacco, and alcohol, and will refrain from their use at all youth sports events.
6. I will remember that the game is for youths - not for adults.
7. I will do my best to make youth sports fun for my child.
8. I will ask my child to treat other players, coaches, fans and officials with respect such as being a respectful fan, assisting with coaching, or providing transportation.
9. I will require that my child's coach be trained in the responsibilities of being a youth sports coach and that the coach upholds the Coaches' Code of Ethics.
10. I will read the NYSCA National Standards For Youth Sports and do what I can to help all youth sports organizations implement and enforce them.